- Shelley Halstead of Black Women Build – Baltimore in CityBiz
- Ben Christensen and Marisa Repka of Cambium Carbon in Inside Climate News
- Lela Klein and amaha sellassie of Co-op Dayton in Dayton Business Journal
- Diya Abdo of Every Campus A Refuge in Academic Minute
- Brandon Smith and Sara Sindija of Forestry and Fire Recruitment Program in Citizens Journal
Shifting Power Dynamics in Philanthropy: The Chronicle of Philanthropy Article by The J.M. Kaplan Fund
The Chronicle of Philanthropy published "Leaders in Nonprofit Innovation Show How Power Dynamics in Philanthropy Are Shifting," an article written by our Chairman Peter Davidson and Executive Director Amy Freitag. This article illustrates how the J.M.K. Innovation Prize introduced vital new ideas and provided us with a deeper understanding of current philanthropic trends.
Grist featured the work of Michelle Shively at Rural Action, a member of the 2019 Innovation Prize awardee True Pigments, for turning the acidic run-off from Sunday Creek into iron oxide pigments.
Rachel Johnson-Farias of Esq. Apprentice was quoted in the New York Times article, "Apprenticeship a Growing Alternative to College (and Debt)."
Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project sent their staff to the U.S.-Mexico border to learn about the most recent changes to immigration policy and see the impacts first-hand. Learn more about their experience by listening to this episode of Slate's Amicus podcast and read about lessons learned on their website.