EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/INFORMATION AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY ASSISTANT
Organization: The J.M. Kaplan Fund, a New York City–based family foundation, supports transformative social, environmental, and cultural causes. Over our 75-year history, the Fund has supported early-stage organizations and ideas that have deeply influenced civil liberties, human rights, the arts, and the conservation of the built and natural worlds. Today, the Fund is active across the United States and beyond, operating grant programs focusing on the environment, heritage conservation, and social justice.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Executive Assistant/Information and Digital Technology Associate is the mainstay of the Fund’s diverse operations. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Finance and Administration, Grants Manager, and Program Consultants to ensure the smooth operation of the Fund’s diverse activities. Responsibilities include:
Administrative and Operations Support
• Maintain the Executive Director’s schedule, coordinate meetings, and make any necessary reservations and conference calls
• Coordinate travel logistics for Executive Director and staff
• Manage staff meetings and shared calendar
• Communicate news and upcoming events to trustees on a monthly and ad hoc basis
• Create and edit correspondence, communications, publications and PowerPoints
• Provide excellent administrative support to all staff as needed
Technology and Information Support
• Field and assist with IT inquiries and onsite technology use for staff and users
• Manage the Fund’s WordPress website, social media, and Microsoft 365 shared drive – ensuring accuracy and consistent branding across all platforms
Program and Grant Support
• Plan and oversee all aspects of event management both on and offsite, including but not limited to: on-site meetings for the Fund and partner organizations, panel discussions, grantee convenings, and site visits
• Assist Grants Manager with the input, update, and due diligence of grants in Foundant, the Fund’s online grants management system
• Troubleshoot Foundant for staff and grantees
• Work on special projects and research tasks, as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic “can-do” positive personality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Detailed-oriented and highly organized
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and manage one’s time
• Strong computer and social media skills
• A sense of humor and the ability to work as a team player is essential
• Experience with WordPress, Microsoft 365 Suite, and Google Analytics a plus
Hours: The J.M. Kaplan Fund office is open during regular business hours. This position periodically requires longer days to assist with board meetings and special events.
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with background and experience. The Fund offers an excellent benefits package (medical/dental insurance, life/disability insurance, pension plan, and generous vacation).
Apply: To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for additional information.