IMPACT CAMPAIGN MANAGER
Overview: We’re seeking a part-time contract person to manage our self-produced 17-minute documentary film called HELP WANTED. The film highlights the plight of immigrant families from the Northern Triangle seeking asylum on the East End of Long Island.
The film’s impact work has two goals: developing an awareness of this high need population and developing new sources of support for the Long Island Community Foundation’s Immigrant Children’s Fund. The Fund provides urgently needed legal, health, and social services support to immigrant families.
We need an organized, reliable, outgoing, self-motivated person ideally with film impact campaign experience. Our intention is to hold a number of screenings for prospective donors and to enter the film in local festivals. The film has already been accepted in a film festival in Uruguay in 2022. Please contact us via the email below to gain access to the film.
We prefer someone familiar with Long Island and New York City politics and philanthropy. Some background with community organizing and immigration issues would also be beneficial.
Work will be remote on your own schedule.
Organization: The J.M. Kaplan Fund is a 75-year old family foundation based in NYC but with substantial roots on Long Island. The Fund provides grants for social justice, climate action, and heritage conservation across the U.S. and around the world. Now under a third generation of leadership, the Fund has benefitted from unwavering family support, talented and devoted staff, and a legacy of early stage, innovative grant making.
Responsibilities: The Impact Campaign Manager is responsible for implementation of the film’s impact campaign, nurturing partnerships, supporting community and venue events, and cultivating new opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate community engagement and impact events.
- Maintaining and cultivate existing relationships with partners, as well as research and develop partnerships.
- Plan and implement social media, newsletter, website page, and other digital marketing assets for films, in collaboration with Fund staff.
- Develop campaign materials to be approved by Fund staff.
- Staff the planning, organization, execution, and facilitation of live and virtual events.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Outgoing, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic graphics skills a plus
- Interest in film impact and the issues explored in the film
- Good collaborator
Job Type: Part-time contract, 8-10 hours/week (maybe more)
Location: Primarily Long Island and NYC
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send a letter describing your interest, experience, and connection to the campaign to Jack Carlile at firstname.lastname@example.org.